How to make Vaal (Bean Sprouts)
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Vaal (Bean Sprouts) Recipe : Vaal is cooked with coconut paste and masalas till it's soft and full of flavour. Served with steamed rice.
Ingredients of Vaal (Bean Sprouts)
- 1/2 Kg vaal (bean sprouts)
- 1-2 tbsp refined oil
- 7-8 Dry red chillies
- 3/4 tsp peppercorns
- 1 cup coconut, grated
- 8-9 Garlic cloves (bashed
- to taste salt
- for garnishing Fresh coriander and lime (optional)
How to Make Vaal (Bean Sprouts)
- 1.Dry roast the coconut, red chillies and peppercorns together.
- 2.Then grind them to a paste with a some salt and water.
- 3.Heat the oil in a pan, add cloves of garlic and fry till they are golden brown.
- 4.Stir in the ground coconut paste to it and cook till the oil begins to separate from the masala
- 5.Now add the vaal and mix well.
- 6.Add water and bring it to a boil.
- 7.Then cover and cook on simmer till the vaal is nice and soft but still holding its shape.
- 8.Once done, reduce the liquid a little to concentrate the flavors.
- 9.Garnish with coriander and a squeeze of lime,
- 10.Serve hot with steamed rice.
Key Ingredients: vaal (bean sprouts), refined oil, Dry red chillies, peppercorns, coconut, Garlic cloves (bashed, salt, Water, Fresh coriander and lime (optional)