How To Make Valentine's Shortbread Cookies
About Valentine's Shortbread Cookies Recipe: The season of love is here and what could be a better celebration than indulging in the goodness of delicious sweet treats like these shortbread cookies. Filled with raspberry or strawberry jam, baked to perfect crisp, these cookies are all you need to spread the love.
Ingredients of Valentine's Shortbread Cookies
- 1 Cup butter (sweetened)
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white chocolate (optional but recommended)
- 1/3 cup raspberry/strawberry jam
How to Make Valentine's Shortbread Cookies
- 1.Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2.Line your baking tray with parchment paper.
- 3.Using a hand mixer, cream the butter and icing sugar together for a couple of minutes.
- 4.Add the vanilla and salt and continue to mix until fully incorporated.
- 5.Add the flour gradually until your mixture has formed a dough.
- 6.Sprinkle some flour onto your surface and roll out the dough until it is about 1/8 inch thick.
- 7.Cut out your cookie shapes with a cookie cutter. On half the cookies, cut out a smaller heart shape in the center.
- 8.Place cookies on baking tray and place tray in the refrigerator to chill while the oven is preheating.
- 9.Bake the cookies 8 minutes or until edges turn slightly brown.
- 10.On the cut out cookies, sprinkle a layer of icing sugar on top.
- 11.Once the cookies are cooled, melt the white chocolate. Then spread a layer of melted white chocolate on the full cookies (ones that are not cut out). Let the chocolate set slightly for 5-10 minutes.
- 12.Spread a layer of raspberry or strawberry jam on top of the chocolate.
- 13.Place the cut out cookies on top.
- 14.Surprise and enjoy with your loved ones these cute and delicious raspberry and white chocolate, heart-shaped shortbread cookies.
Key Ingredients: butter (sweetened), icing sugar, vanilla extract, salt, all-purpose flour, white chocolate (optional but recommended), raspberry/strawberry jam