How to make Veal Schnitzel
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Veal Schnitzel Recipe: Beaten into fillets, sliced veal is dipped in egg, coated with breadcrumbs and fried crisp. Served with caper sauce and green salad.
Ingredients of Veal Schnitzel
- 200 gms veal tenderloin
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Some flour for dredging
- Some bread crumbs for coating
- for garnishing salt and pepper
- For the caper sauce:
- 2 tbsp capers (from a jar, drained, and minced)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice salt and pepper
How to Make Veal Schnitzel
- 1.Beat and pound the veal with a steak hammer into fillets as thin as possible.
- 2.Season with salt and pepper.
- 3.Dredge the meat in flour first, then dip it into the beaten egg and then dredge it again in bread crumbs, coating the meat well.
- 4.In a shallow pan, heat the oil till it is smoking and fry the pounded veal till golden, about 2-3 minutes on both sides.
- 5.Remove with a slotted spoon, drain the excess oil with a paper kitchen towel.
- 6.Keep it warm.
- 7.In a separate bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the caper sauce, pour it over the meat and enjoy it with a green salad.
You can substitute the veal with chicken.
In case you don't have a meat mallet just wrap the piece of meat in a cling film, and beat it with a rolling pin.
Key Ingredients: veal tenderloin, egg (slightly beaten), olive oil, salt and pepper, capers (from a jar, drained, and minced), extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice salt and pepper