Story ProgressBack to home
Vegetarian Khow Suey Recipe
How to make Vegetarian Khow Suey
About Vegetarian Khow Suey Recipe: Khow suey is a one-pot meal with noodles and veggies cooked in the coconut milk and garnished with peanuts and fried garlic. Explore this Burmese delicacy with authentic burst of flavours.
- Total Cook Time1 hr
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 45 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Vegetarian Khow Suey
- 4-5 Baby corn (diced)
- 2 medium Carrots (sliced), peeled
- 1/4 medium Cauliflower (separated into florets)
- 1/4 medium Broccoli (separated into florets)
- 2 medium Yellow zucchinis (halved with skin), sliced
- 5-6 French beans (sliced diagonally)
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 inch Ginger, finely chopped
- 2 inch stalk Lemongrass
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Gram flour
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- to taste Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- to taste Black peppercorns (crushed)
- 1/3 cup Peanuts, roasted
- 100 gram Noodles
- 100 gram Glass noodles, boiled
- 1/2 cup Tofu (diced)
- 2 tbsp Onions (browned)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (fried), finely chopped
- 1 tsp Red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Chilli oil
- Few for topping Fresh coriander sprigs
How to Make Vegetarian Khow SueyHideShow Media
Heat sufficient water in a deep non-stick pan. Add noodles and boil for 2-3 minutes.
Drain and transfer into a bowl.
Grind together onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and turmeric powder into a fine paste.
Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
Add ground paste and saute well.
Add gram flour, mix well and saute for 5-6 minutes.
Add 1 cup water, mix and cook further, whisk well.
Add coconut milk and whisk.
Add 1 1/2 cups water and mix well.
Add salt, sugar and crushed peppercorns and mix well, bring to a boil.
Add babycorn, carrot, cauliflower, mix well and boil.
Add broccoli, zucchini and beans, mix well and boil for 3-4 minutes.
Coarsely crush peanuts in a mortar with a pestle.
Place boiled noodles and glass noodles in a serving bowl.
Add tofu, browned onions and fried garlic.
Sprinkle chilli flakes and drizzle lemon juice on top.
Add crushed peanuts and toss gently to mix.
Top with cooked vegetables and pour the soup over.
Garnish with fried garlic and browned onions. Drizzle some chilli oil and finish with fresh coriander leaves.