How To Make Watermelon Halwa
About Watermelon Halwa Recipe: A stellar halwa recipe for a delightful summer dessert that you can relish post-meal.
Ingredients of Watermelon Halwa
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 pinches of saffron
- 1 Watermelon rind
- 1/4 cup besan
- 1/4 cup sooji upma
- 4 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp powdered green cardamom
- 1 1/2 cup milk or 1/2 cup khoya
How to Make Watermelon Halwa
- 1.Take the rind of water melon, peel the green part deeply, grate it or in a food processor roughly chop it.
- 2.Then, place a deep-bottomed pan on medium flame and heat ghee in it. Once heated, add the besan and sooji, roast till the fragrance of besan starts coming. It should take around a minute.
- 3.Add grated rind of watermelon and stir for about 10 minutes, till the ghee starts leaving the side
- 4.Next, add sugar, milk / khoya along in the pan and cook till the mixture is mix well.
- 5.Add cardamom powder and stir it yet again for another few minutes.
- 6.Once done, transfer in a serving dish and serve hot garnished with chopped and sliced dry fruits.
Key Ingredients: sugar, saffron, Watermelon rind, besan, sooji upma, ghee, powdered green cardamom, 1 1/2 cup milk or 1/2 cup khoya