How to make Whole Wheat Pasta in Spinach Sauce
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Whole wheat pasta rolled in delicious creamy spinach sauce, served with walnuts and parmesan cheese.
Ingredients of Pasta in Spinach Sauce
- 100 gms whole wheat pasta
- 100 gms spinach, blanched
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 gms onions, finely chopped
- 10 gms celery, finely chopped
- 200 ml cream
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 10 gms nutmeg, grated
- To season salt and pepper
- 100 gms parmesan cheese, grated
- 20 ml milk
- 30 gms walnuts
How to Make Pasta in Spinach Sauce
- 1.Boil the pasta in salted water for 5-7 minutes, till its al dente.
- 2.Sweat the onions, leeks and celery in a tbsp of olive oil.
- 3.Then add bashed garlic, red chilli flakes and blanched spinach. Mix them well.
- 4.Grate nutmeg, a pinch of salt, mix together and switch the gas off.
- 5.Transfer the sautéed spinach mixture into a mixie.
- 6.Add cream, parmesan cheese, milk, cracked black pepper, walnuts, tbsp of water and blitz together to make a thick sauce.
- 7.Drain the pasta and add it to the spinach sauce.
- 8.Add a parmesan cheese and grate nutmeg. Mix well to coat the pasta with sauce.
- 9.Garnish with grated walnuts and parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper
Key Ingredients: whole wheat pasta, spinach, extra virgin olive oil, onions, celery, cream, red chilli flakes, garlic cloves, nutmeg, salt and pepper , parmesan cheese, milk, walnuts