How to make Zucchini Methi Pulao
About Zucchini Methi Pulao Recipe: If you want to make different flavored rice, then try this recipe. Two vegetables put together-simple magic! Both green. One very aromatic and leafy and the other one a great squash. You can make this zucchini methi pulao for lunch.
Ingredients of Zucchini Methi Pulao
- 1300 Gram zucchini
- 220 grams (Wash few times and soak for 45 minutes) basmati rice
- 15 gram fenugreek (methi)
- 15 gram clarified butter (desi ghee)
- 120 gram clarified butter (desi ghee)
- 4 gram cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 gram asafoetida (heeng)
- medium green chilles, chopped
- 2 pieces ginger, julienne
- to taste salt
How to Make Zucchini Methi Pulao
- 1.Wash the Zucchini, Peel and Halve lengthwise. Cut in thin slices.
- 2.Keep aside.Chop the fresh fenugreek, sprinkle with salt and rub the salt on the leaves with your hands in a bowl.
- 3.Keep for 5 minutes and wash in running water until all traces of salt have been removed. (This is done to reduce the bitterness of the fenugreek). Shake dry and keep aside.
- 4.Add clarified butter in a pot. Add cumin seeds, followed by the asafoetida (dissolved in a little water). Then add the fenugreek and increase to medium heat, continue to stir and roast (approx 4-5 minutes) until you can see oil on the sides.
- 5.Add the Zucchini and stir for a minute, then add green chillies and ginger, stir again. Drain the rice, add to the pot then add salt stirring gently.
- 6.Cover the pot and leave on slow heat, stirring gently and occasionally for 10-12 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked and moisture is absorbed.Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Key Ingredients: zucchini, basmati rice, fenugreek (methi), clarified butter (desi ghee), clarified butter (desi ghee), cumin seeds (jeera), asafoetida (heeng), green chilles, ginger, salt