Breakfasts could be a tricky affair especially if you are the one cooking for everyone. No matter what you cook, there would be someone who does not approve of it. There is no dearth of 'deal-breakers' when it comes to breakfast. Some may have a problem with the oily, fat quotient, while others may not be too kicked about the ingredients used. Which is why, it is always a good idea to stick to classics; but that does not mean you cannot be a little creative. This aloo-besan toast by Mumbai-based food blogger and YouTuber Alpa has all it takes to make your breakfast a blockbuster hit, and guess what- it is not even fried!
How To Make No-Fry, Aloo Besan Toast:
1. Start with the chutney. In a blender add coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chili, garlic and ginger, roasted chana dal or peanuts, lemon juice, salt and ice cubes. Blend till you get a fine paste.
2. Take boiled and mashed potatoes in a bowl. Add chopped onions and tomatoes to the bowl.
3. Add some boiled green peas, green chillies, fresh coriander leaves (chopped), Kashmiri red chilli powder, amchur, cumin powder and salt to taste.
4. Mix everything together. Keep it aside.
5. Take besan in a bowl, to the bowl add rice flour, haldi, crushed carom seeds (ajwain), hing and salt to taste, Mix all dry ingredients together.
6. Add little water and make a slurry. The consistency should be flowy.
7.Take four slices of bread, remove the corners cut them in round shapes. Apply a dash of tomato ketchup on all slices, top it with the potato stuffing.
8. Apply the besan batter on all slices using a spoon.
9. Heat a pan, grease it with oil or butter.
10. Take the slices and place the side with besan facing the greased pan. Cook them for 2-3 minutes on low flame or until besan is cooked.
11. Press the slices with the help of spatula very gently. Throw in some butter on the slices and spread it out evenly, and then flip them over so that you get the besan side of these slices on top.
13. Press the slices very gently using the spatula or the back side of your spoon.
14. Transfer the toasts on a plate.
15. Take out the chutney you prepared at the start and spread it evenly on top of your toast and serve hot.
You can find the detailed recipe with all ingredients on the YouTube channel 'Something's Cooking With Alpa'. These toasts taste delicious and look even more amazing, do try the recipe soon.
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a strong penchant for food, Sushmita loves all things good, cheesy and greasy. Her other favourite pastime activities other than discussing food includes, reading, watching movies and binge-watching TV shows.