Apple Pancakes Recipe
Recipe Servings: 5
Soft pancakes for breakfast with the goodness of apples, lemon rind and raisins. These pancakes are absolutely yummy.
Ingredients of Apple Pancakes
- 100 gm flour
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml milk
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 750 gm apples - peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 25 gm chopped candied peel
- 25 gm raisins
- 2 - 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 150 gm castor sugar
How to Make Apple Pancakes
- To make the crepes add liquid ingredients to the flour and form a smooth batter.
- Leave the batter for 15 minutes before preparing pancakes in an oiled pan.
- Soften apples in butter over a gentle heat with lemon rind. Add remaining ingredients.
- Use to fill pancakes, then roll and arrange in a buttered ovenproof dish.
- Whip egg whites until stiff, gradually whisking in castor sugar.
- Spoon or pipe over pancakes. Brown in a hot oven before serving.