Recipe of Avocado Hummus
Recipe Servings: 4
The popular treat from Middle East gets even creamier with avocados, also known as butter fruit. Tip in a mix of masalas for a boost of flavour.
- 2 cups chickpeas, boiled
- 1 avocado, peeled and destoned
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp curd
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder, for topping
- Olive oil, for topping
- Coriander leaves to garnish
How to Make Avocado Hummus
- In a pan, roast the sesame seeds until aromatic. Allow to cool and then ground into a powder.
- In a food processer or blender, mix chickpeas and garlic, and pulse until smooth. You can add a little water, if you find the mixture a little dry.
- Add the avocado, sesame powder, curd, cumin powder and salt, and blend again until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, and add the lemon juice. Mix well and check seasoning.
- Finish with a drizzling of olive oil, a sprinkling of red chilli powder and fresh coriander leaves on top. Serve with pita breads.