Badam Korma Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Tender pieces of lamb cooked in a thick and creamy almond gravy.
Ingredients of Badam Korma
- 1 kg hind leg of lamb-cut into cubes
- 10 cups water
- 1 cup desi ghee
- 10 green cardamoms
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup garlic water
- 5 cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup almonds-blanched, peeled, made into a fine paste with 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
How to Make Badam Korma
- Boil the water, add the meat and blanch for 1-2 minutes. Drain the water and wash the meat in cold water and keep aside.
- In a pan, add the meat, ghee, green cardamoms, salt, garlic water, cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- Mix well and bring the mixture to the boil, stirring continuously.
- Fry until the meat changes color to a very light brown.
- Add enough water so that when the meat is tender, very little water remains.
- When the meat is soft, remove the pan from the heat and cool. Add the almond paste.
- Pour in the cream and mix well.
- Return the pan to very low heat and simmer the mixture, stirring all the time. Heat through.