Recipe of Beans Patoli Vepudu
Recipe Servings: 2
French beans and channa dal tossed together with chillies and curry leaves. Beans patoli vepudu is an easy to make Andhra recipe. This goes very well with hot rice or rotis and a dash of ghee.
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup of chopped french beans (cut into pieces and blanched in salted water)
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 2 green chillies, slit length wise
- 10 curry leaves
- 1/2 mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp jeera
- 2 whole dry red chillis
- 1 piece ginger
- 1 cup channa dal (bengal gram) soaked in water for 2 hours
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Pinch of asafoetida (Heeng)
How to Make Beans Patoli Vepudu
- Grind the soaked channa dal with ginger, dry red chillies, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds and salt to a coarse texture without adding water.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a wide vessel and add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, urad dal, asafoetida and curry leaves and fry for few seconds.
- Add the green chillies and onions and fry till transparent. Add turmeric.
- Now add the blanched french beans and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the ground channa dal and mix well and cover and cook stirring once in a while for 12-15 minutes.
- The patoli should have a dry saute look, like a stir fry. This goes very well with hot rice or rotis and a dash of ghee. Tastes best when eaten hot!
Key Ingredients: French Beans
, Bengal Gram (split)
, Mustard seeds
, Curry leaves
, Cumin seeds
, Red Chilli
, vegetable oil
, green chillies