1) Heat some olive oil in a pot and add the sliced onions, carrots and minced ginger. Stir.
2) Add the green chillies, lemongrass and lime leaves. Mix well.
3) Add chopped beetroot and mix all the ingredients well.
4) Add a splash of rice vinegar.
5) After giving it a quick stir, add the stock.*Adjust the stock according to your vegetables.
6) Now add some salt and pepper and pour in the coconut milk and stir.
7) Let the soup simmer for about 10 minutes.
8) Put it in a blender and blend.
9) Add some cream and fresh herbs to garnish.NOTE: Best served chilled.
*You can buy stock cubes from departmental stores or make stock at home too. You can add more veggies also if you wish to.