Recipe of Brown Basmati Rice Pilaf
Recipe Servings: 4
A quick and easy rice dish that will leave you wanting for more. Brown basmati rice mingled with tomatoes, kala chana, plums and spring onions.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 Tbsp celery, chopped
- 50-60 gm black chana, cooked
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6-7 black pepper corns
- 1 green chilly
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 150 gm washed and soaked brown basmati rice
- 6-8 broccoli florets
- 1 medium tomato, cut into chunks
- 600 ml stock
- 2 plums, chopped
- 450 ml water
How to Make Brown Basmati Rice Pilaf
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat butter and olive oil.
- Throw in the cinnamon, black peppercorns and cumin seeds.
- Add the onion, celery, carrots and garlic.
- Saute well for 5 minutes.
- Add the kala chana to the cooking veggies.
- Now add the brown rice. Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the rice by filling it a little more than its amount with water until all the water is absorbed.
- Lastly add the broccoli and let it steam with the rice.
- Garnish with chopped plums and spring onions.
Key Ingredients: onion
, chicken stock
, black gram
, olive oil
, black pepper
, green chillies
, garam masala
, basmati rice