Recipe of Caramel Shortbread
Shortbread is a type of biscuit made with flour, sugar and butter. It is named so because of its crumbly texture. Here's the recipe of caramel shortbread with the flavors of chocolate and caramel.
- 300 gm flour
- 125 gm castor sugar
- 200 gm butter
- 100 gm butter
- 100 gm castor sugar
- 2 Tbsp golden syrup
- 1 large tin condensed milk
- 200 gm melted chocolate
How to Make Caramel Shortbread
- For the shortbread, combine flour and sugar in a bowl.
- Rub in the chilled, diced butter. Knead until mixture forms soft dough.
- Roll out on a floured surface. Line a 12x9" tin with the dough.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 15-20 minutes or until golden in color.
- Remove from oven. Cool.
For the Filling:
- Melt butter, stir in remaining ingredients.
- Heat gently until sugar dissolves. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Pour over shortbread. Allow it to set.
- When cool, spread melted chocolate over caramel.
- Cool, cut into squares and serve.