Chicken Breast Stuffed with Spinach
Recipe Servings: 2
Chicken stuffed with cooked spinach and onion and served with a wine, peppercorn and saffron sauce
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup slightly steamed spinach leaves
- 1 tsp chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp pink peppercorn
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 20 ml white wine
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 threads saffron - soaked in water
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Cut the chicken breast in such a way, that a pocket is created, rub with salt, pepper and garlic, keep aside In a sauce pan.
- Saute onion in olive oil, add spinach, salt and nutmeg.
- Add half on the pink peppercorn.
- Stuff the chicken breast with the spinach mixture, and grill on a non stick pan till the chicken is cooked and is golden in colour.
- In the same pan add the chicken stock, wine, saffron and rosemary. Cook for 2 minutes, till the sauce gets a consistency and a glaze.
- In a plate place the chicken pour the sauce, and top it with the remaining pink peppercorn.
- Serve with steamed beans, of a green salad.
Key Ingredients: chicken
, white wine
, olive oil
, black pepper
, chicken stock