Recipe of Chicken Manchow Soup
Chicken Manchow is a dark brown Chinese soup. Chicken, mushrooms, carrots and other veggies simmered in mild flavors.
- 1 cup cooked chicken pieces
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp ginger-finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic-finely chopped
- 1 tsp green chilies-finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp coriander leaves-finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp French beans-finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp carrots-finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp cabbage-finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp capsicum-finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp mushrooms-finely chopped
- 2 spring onions-finely chopped
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp soya sauce
- 4 Tbsp cornflour mixed with 1 cup water
- 2 stems of spring onion
- 3 Tbsp oil salt as required
How to Make Chicken Manchow Soup
- In a pan, stir fry the ginger, garlic, coriander leaves and green chilies for about 2 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables, pepper and salt and continue to stir-fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken to the vegetable mixture and mix well. Add the soy sauce, chicken stock and salt.
- Let it boil, reduce the heat and add the cornflour mixed with water and stir constantly till it thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Garnish with spring onion stems.
Key Ingredients: chicken
, chicken stock
, green chillies
, coriander leaves
, french beans
, spring onion
, black pepper
, soya sauce
, vegetable oil