Hot and Sour Soup Recipe
How to make Hot and Sour Soup
Chinese comfort food in a bowl with the zing of vinegar.
- Total Cook Time 25 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Hot and Sour Soup
- 6 cups stock
- 1/4 cup corn flour dissolved in 1/2 cup water or the stock
- 1/2 tsp soya sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tsp chilli sauce
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 tsp black pepper - mix together
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
How to Make Hot and Sour SoupHideShow Media
Bring to stock to a boil and add the rest of the ingredients.
Simmer 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the carrots and cabbage, bring to a boil and serve.
If you want Chicken Hot and Sour, use chicken stock and add cooked, cubed chicken when you add the carrots and cabbage.