Chocolate Muffins Recipe
Recipe Servings: 15
These chocolaty muffins make for the perfect on-the-go breakfast or a hassle free mid-day snack.
Ingredients of Chocolate Muffins
- Oven Temp: 350 F / 180 C
- 1 1/2 cups / 180 gm maida (refined flour)
- 1 1/2 cups / 360 gm castor or powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup / 120 gm butter
- 1/2 cup / 65 gm cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- Pastry cups and muffin pans (Note: Makes 25-40 depending on the size of the pastry cups)
How to Make Chocolate Muffins
- Place the pastry cups in the muffin pans.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Add the salt, sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla and beat well till smooth.
- Add the hot water and beat again.
- Put the batter into the pastry cups (not more than 1/2 full) and bake in a pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.