Cold Cream of Green Pea Soup Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
An easy to make pea soup with the goodness of yogurt that can be served hot or cold.
Ingredients of Cold Cream of Green Pea Soup
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10-oz) bag frozen peas
- 4 tsp plain non-fat yogurt, optional
- Serrano ham sliced
How to Make Cold Cream of Green Pea Soup
- In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over moderately-low heat.
- Add the onion, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, tarragon, salt and a few turns of freshly ground black pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add the peas and cook just until defrosted.
- In a blender, puree the soup in 2 batches until very smooth. If serving hot, return the soup to the pot and bring just to a simmer. If serving cold, transfer to the refrigerator to chill.
- Add the yogurt and chill in the fridge.
- When cold fill shot glasses 3/4 high, place a thin slice of Serrano ham on top and garnish with basil sprig.
- Prem Kumar Pogakula is a Sous Chef at The Imperial, New Delhi.