Recipe Servings: 1
A classic French snack! 'Croque' means crunchy and 'Monsieur' means mister in French. This ham and cheese sandwich is a great breakfast or late night snack option.
- 3 pieces white bread
- 2 slices ham
- Mustard sauce
- 2 Tbsp Gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 tsp butter
- Spread mustard sauce on one side of all breads slices.
- Place ham on 2 slices. Sprinkle some cheese over these.
- Place the ham-cheese bread slices over one another, cover with the third slice.
- Pan fry the sandwich with some butter.