Recipe Servings: 4
Easy but impressive, this rice dish has eggs both hard boiled as well as scrambled.
- 2 cups basmati rice - soaked for 10 minutes
- 6 large eggs
- 1 onion - sliced thin
- 10 green chillies - slit
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1 tsp each of ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tsp pulao masala
- 2 Tbsp of oil
- Salt - to taste
- Boil and shell four of the six eggs.
- Heat oil in a large dish and add the whole spices.
- After a few seconds add the onion and green chillies along with the ginger garlic paste. Fry till they turn light brown in colour.
- Now break the two eggs into the pan and scramble.
- Add the drained rice to it and fry for a minute.
- Season with salt.
- Now put the boiled eggs into it and pour four cups of water.
- Cover and cook till the rice is half done.
- Sitr in the pulao masala and a little bit of lemon juice and mix gently.
- Cover and cook till all the water evaporates and the rice is done.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
Key Ingredients: basmati rice
, green chillies
, bay leaf
, black pepper
, vegetable oil