Eggless Vanilla Cake in a Pressure Cooker
Recipe Servings: 4
This cheat recipe makes it easier and fuss-free to make the classic vanilla cake without any compromise in its flavour. Top it with some buttercream frosting for a sinful treat.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup dahi or yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2x6 inch round or square cake tins
- Line the base of the tins with butter paper or grease the bases and dust either with maida or sugar until well coated.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour and baking powder.
- Add salt, sugar, butter, water and vanilla, and beat the mixture using a wooden spoon or a beater till well blended.
- Add the dahi to the batter and beat until smooth. The batter looks almost glossy when done. Transfer the batter into the two tins.
- Heat the pressure cooker (empty), covered with the lid but without the pressure, for 3-4 minutes on high heat, then place one cake tin in it.
- Close the lid without the pressure, lower the flame and let it cook until done (about 30 minutes).
- Repeat with the other tin. Serve.