Haal Bai Recipe
A savoury dish from Karnataka made with rice, coconut, buttermilk and mild spices. It is also made like a sweet with jaggery.
Ingredients of Haal Bai
- 1 cup rice
- 1 1/2 cup of water
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup butter milk
- 2 drops asafoetida concentrate
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 tsp chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
- 4 tsp clarified butter
How to Make Haal Bai
- Soak rice in water for 15 minutes.
- Now add desiccated coconut to the soaked rice and grind them together.
- Then add butter milk, water, asoafetida concentrate, curry leaves, chopped green chillies, chopped ginger and salt. Mix it well.
- Now pour the mixture in a pan, add oil and cook till haal bai thickens.
- Then add clarified butter and mix well.
- Remove from fire and spread on an oil greased plate. Cool it and it's ready to eat.