Kaju Roll Recipe
One of the most popular Indian mithai. Elongated rolls made with cashew nuts.
Ingredients of Kaju Roll
- 250 gm cashew nuts
- 250 gm (1 cup) sugar
- 240 gm (1 cup) milk
- Few silver leaves for decoration-optional
How to Make Kaju Roll
- Blend cashews and milk in a blender to a fine paste.
- Mix paste and sugar and cook over low heat stirring till the sugar dissolves, then bring to a boil.
- Continue stirring over medium heat, till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan, and becomes a dough like paste.
- It gathers up together into a mass.
- Remove from heat and when cool enough to handle, roll it on to a greased surface, with a greased rolling pin (roll before it cools). Roll to 1/4cm/1/8" thickness.
For the rolls:
- You can make a mixture of grated, blanched almonds or pistas, or crumbled khoya, with some powdered sugar and powdered elaichi (you can vary filling according to taste, e.g. use pista).
- Cut the rolled kaju into rectangles, place some filling along the width of the rectangle and roll into cylindrical shapes, covering the filling completely.