Recipe of Kransekake
Recipe Servings: 5
A traditional Danish and Norwegian ring cake with three simple ingredients.
- 500 gm almonds - blanched and ground
- 500 gm icing sugar
- 2-3 egg whites
How to Make Kransekake
- To prepare the dough, mix the icing sugar with ground almonds and then add the egg whites.
- Take a large steel bowl and knead the dough on a very low heat.
- Now take a portion of the dough and make a long roll.
- Shape it like a ring and keep aside.
- Make five to six rings of even width but different lengths.
- Bake the rings in a pre-heated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or till they turn golden.
- Once done, place the rings in shape of a tower and sprinkle icing sugar.