Recipe of Murgh ka Achaar
Pickled chicken pieces add flavour to a simple meal of rice and dal.
- 2 kg chicken - cut into 16 pieces each
- 60 gm garlic - peeled, coarsely pounded
- 60 gm ginger - peeled and chopped, coarsely pounded
- 60 gm garam masala powder
- 60 gm mustard seeds powdered
- 1 cup chilli powder
- 1/3 cup salt
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1 cup mustard oil
How to Make Murgh ka Achaar
- Heat oil in a kadahi and add the ginger and the garlic and stir fry till they turn light brown in colour.
- Add the chicken and continue stirring over high heat till chicken pieces are opaque.
- Lower the heat to medium and let cook, till tender.
- When the chicken is tender, increase the heat and cook over high heat till the oil separates.
- Add the powdered spices and salt, mix well, again over high heat, and then add the vinegar.
- Let it come to a boil and switch off the heat.