Recipe Servings: 4
A plateful of buttery risotto with the goodness of mushrooms.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 25 gm butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 200 gm sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
- 4 cups hot chicken stock/veg stock
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 25 grams extra butter just before serving
- Saute onion and mushrooms in oil and butter until soft.
- Stir in rice and cook till transparent, add wine if it gets dry.
- stir in 1 ladle of stock. Stir well, cover and simmer gently for several minutes or till rice looks dry.
- Add more stock, stir,cover and keep repeating this process till rice is just cooked (about 25 minutes).
- Taste and add a little salt.
- Now remove from heat and stir in parmesan, parsley, extra butter if using and pepper to taste.
Key Ingredients: Mushroom
, olive oil
, white wine
, arborio rice
, parmesan cheese
, chicken stock
, black pepper