A quick and crunchy snack of chivda, coconut and kishmish.
- 1 cup namkeen chivda
- Oil - for deep frying
- 1 cup fried peanuts
- 2 Tbsp dry coconut
- 2 Tbsp kishmish
- 1/8 tsp heeng (asafoetida)
- 1 Tbsp khus khus (poppy seeds)
- 1 tsp rai (mustard seeds)
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1 Tbsp green chillies - chopped
- Salt - to taste
- 1 tsp citric acid
- 1 tsp haldi
- Heat the oil and fry the chivda till crisp and leave to drain on absorbent paper.
- In the same oil, deep fry the coconut and kishmish and leave to drain.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a kadai and fry the hari mirch till crisp.
- Add heeng, rai and curry leaves and saute.
- Add salt, khus-khus, citric acid and haldi, mix well.
- Add the fried chivda, nuts, coconut, kishmish and sugar.
- Take it off the heat and mix well. Let it cool and store in an airtight jar.
Key Ingredients: pressed rice
, mustard seeds
, poppy seeds
, green chillies
, curry leaves
, vegetable oil