Palita is a simple yet impressive side dish. Brinjal slices coated with a masaledar mix and shallow fried.
Ingredients of Palita
- 1 egg plant big (ones used for making bharta)
- 2 cups chopped coriander
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp dhaniya
- 1 tsp jeera powder
- 3 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 cup oil
How to Make Palita
- Slice the egg plants in thick round shape and place them in a plate.
- Mix all the above ingredients and paste them on the sliced egg plant and let it stay for 20-25 minutes.
- In a frying pan shallow fry these egg plants till their color darkens.
- Cut the fried egg plants into two (optional: as shown in the picture) or keep it whole.
- Serve hot!