Recipe of Panini with Leftover Chicken
A fresh and wholesome sandwich with chicken bits, peppers, rocket leaves, an eggplant-tomato chutney and all good things.
- 3-4 sliced chunks of leftover boneless chicken
- 1 loaf of ciabata / any bread
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil or mustard oil
- 2 Tbsp of onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp of bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 a tsp of tahini paste / butter
- 20 gm of scarmoza/ mozzarella cheese, smoked
- 1 tsp of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 cup of fresh rocket leaves
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- Season with salt and pepper
For Eggplant and Tomato chutney:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant
- 100 gm tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 a tsp red chilli powder
- Season with salt & pepper
How to Make Panini with Leftover Chicken
- Cut the eggplant lengthwise into 2 and season it with salt & pepper. Then, drizzle the olive oil and roast in the oven at 180 degree celsius for 15 minutes.
- Once the eggplant is cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh and transfer into a bowl.
- Check the seasoning and add the tomatoes and basil to the eggplant n mix well.
- Grill or toast the bread and then spread the tahini paste.
- Heat the leftover boneless chicken in a pan or in the oven if required.
- Then, in a pan with little oil and high heat, saute the sliced onions and bell peppers for a minute and then add salt and pepper.
- Dress the rocket leaves with salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Now, pile the bread with the onions, peppers and chicken pieces and finally, cover with the scarmoza / moazzarella cheese.
- Top it up with the rocket leaves, cover with the other bread and enjoy with a fresh seasonal salad.
Key Ingredients: Chicken
, bell pepper
, olive oil
, mozzarella cheese
, coriander leaves
, rocket leaves
, lemon juice
, black pepper
, red chilli