The most popular festive delicacy here's for you the Panjiri recipe. Flour cooked with dry fruits, makhanas and gond (gum crystals).
- 1/2 kg atta (whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 kg ghee
- 200 gm chaar magaz (dried melon, water-melon, pumpkin seeds)
- 100 gm almonds
- 1 Tbsp ajwain (thymol/carom seeds)
- 1/2 Tbsp sonth (dried ginger powder)
- 50 gm makhana (dried lotus seeds)
- 1 kg powdered sugar or boora
- 100 gm gond (edible gum crystals)
- Fry the gond in the ghee, first over high and then over low heat, till cooked through (it puffs up, and when cooked through, you can cut through it).
- Remove with a slotted spoon, and grind in a blender, very fine.
- In the same ghee, fry the makahanas till brown, remove and fry almonds and then the magaz.
- Roast the atta and ajwain in the remaindered ghee till a light brown (over low heat).
- Remove from heat, mix in the almonds, magaz, sonth, makahana and gond and leave to cool.
- When cool, mix in the sugar and serve or store.