Recipe of Parsi Mutton Cutlets
Recipe Servings: 4
Aditya Bal whips up his version of the Parsi mutton cutlets. They are succulent and delicious.
- 250 gm mutton mince
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 green chilli, coarsely ground
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp clove-cinnamon powder
- 2 Tbsp potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 5-6 pudina leaves, chopped coarsley
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander
- Salt, to taste
- Bread crumbs, to coat
- 4 eggs, whisked (to coat the cutlets)
- Oil to deep fry
How to Make Parsi Mutton Cutlets
- In a bowl take the mince and massage it with your hands for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the ginger paste, garlic paste, green chilli, turmeric, red chilli powder, clove-cinnamon powder, mashed potato, pudina, dhaniya and salt. Mix it well.
- Make medium sized round patties (makes around 5-6). Coat the cutlets with bread crumbs from both sides. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Whisk eggs. Coat the refrigerated cutlets in the egg mixture. Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown from both sides.
- Serve with sliced onions and chutney. Squeeze some lemon juice on top if you want.
Key Ingredients: Mutton
, red chilli
, green chillies
, mint leaves
, coriander leaves
, vegetable oil