Ragi flour balls served with sambar.
- 1 cup ragi flour
- Salt to taste
- Take a large mouthed vessel, add a cup of water to it.
- Heat till the water boils, add salt to taste.
- Mix the ragi in a cup of cold water.
- Add the dissolved solution slowly to the boiling water, stirring it with a strong ladle (back end).
- Keep whisking till the mudde (flour dough) becomes smooth and soft without gantu (lumps).
- Reduce the flame, cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- The consistency must be semi solid like the wheat dough.
- When serving, wet your hand take out and make a ball and put it in the middle of a plate.
- Pour some sambar around it. Add a spoon of ghee/butter if you wish.