Recipe Servings: 4
Sanaas are toddy fermented rice cakes that can be eaten as it is or with some vindaloo. Warm, soft and fluffy sannas are similar to idlis.
Ingredients of Sannas
- 250 gm rice
- 1 coconut
- 500 ml toddy
- Salt to taste
- 20 gm sugar
How to Make Sannas
- Wash and soak the rice overnight. Drain and grind the rice finely with toddy.
- Add grated coconut and make a thick batter.
- Add sugar, cover and keep in a warm place for about 3 hours or until the batter ferments.
- Add salt to the batter and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into shallow round moulds and steam for 15 minutes.