Recipe Servings: 4
Soft cottage cheese pieces served in thick tomato gravy. This shahi paneer recipe is perfect for a dinner party and would leave your guests craving for more.
- 3 cups paneer-cubed
- 30 gm melon seeds
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp black cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp ginger-finely chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes-grated
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 2-3 green chillies-slit
- 3/4 cup water
- Soak the melon seeds in water and grind to a paste.
- Heat butter in a heavy-based pan and add cumin seeds.
- When the seeds begin to splutter, add ginger and brown very slightly.
- Add tomatoes and saute over medium flame, till the oil separates.
- Add the melon paste, turmeric, coriander, salt, chilli powder and garam masala and sauté over low or medium flame, till the oil separates once again.
- Add green chillies along with 2 cubes of crushed paneer and saute till the green chillies start looking glossy.
- Mix in water and bring to a boil. Leave to simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add paneer cubes, simmer for about 2 minutes and serve hot, garnished with coriander.
Key Ingredients: Cottage Cheese
, melon seeds
, black cumin
, coriander powder
, red chilli
, garam masala
, green chillies