Til ki Chikki Recipe
A crunchy snack made with sesame seeds and sugar, perfect to satisfy your mid-meal cravings.
Ingredients of Til ki Chikki
- 200 gm til (white sesame seeds)
- 500 gm sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp baking (meetha) soda
- Greased thali or baking tin to set the chikki
How to Make Til ki Chikki
- Dissolve sugar in the water over low heat.
- When dissolved, increase the heat and let it come to a boil.
- Cook till the syrup when dropped in a cup of cold water, forms a hard lump.
- Stir in the til and cook for another 2 minutes or so and remove from heat.
- Mix in the soda and pour the mixture into the prepared dish.
- Leave to set in thin layers.