How to make Til Ladoo (Laddu)
A festive treat, Til Ladoo (Til Laddu) is usually prepared to celebrate Lohri and Makar Sankranti. It is a delicate, traditional winter sweet, made with roasted sesame seeds, jaggery and flavoured with saffron. A perfect warming snack in winters, make them, store them and have whenever you want.
Ingredients of Til Ladoo (Laddu)
- 1 Cup White sesame seeds (toasted)
- 1/2 Cup Khoya (softened)
- 1/2 Cup Jaggery (crumbled)
- A pinch of Saffron stigmas
- 2 tsp Canola oil
- 2 Tbsp Milk (warm), full cream
How to Make Til Ladoo (Laddu)
- 1.Heat a thick bottom pan, add canola oil and to it add sesame seeds.
- 2.Continuously keep stirring the sesame seeds until they turn light golden hues. Take it off the flame and remove the sesame seeds on to a flat plate.
- 3.Soak saffron in warm milk and reserve it. In the same pan as of sesame, add jaggery and melt it to liquid, gently keep stirring it till it froths without reducing it too much, take it off the flame.
- 4.Before it starts to solidify add to it saffron milk, stir it. Add to it softened khoya, sesame seeds and blend well together with mixing spoons.
- 5.Now oil your palms with a bit of canola oil and using your fingers take small portion f the mix (ensure the mix isn't too hot to burn you) and shape it into medium sized balls. Continue this until you have used up all mix.
- 6.Serve it at room temperature and this can go well during a party at home as pass around of sweet snacks.
You can also add dry fruits and nuts like almonds, hazelnuts, pistachios and walnuts. Toast or roast the nuts and crush them a bit before adding it to the mix and then proceed to make balls.
Also see our list of Best Ladoo(Laddu) recipes here.
Key Ingredients: White sesame seeds (toasted), Khoya (softened), Jaggery (crumbled), Saffron stigmas, Canola oil, Milk (warm)