Rice cooked with the tang of tomatoes and flavors of coriander, chillies and mint. Fast and flavor packed!
- 2 cups rice - picked, washed and soaked
- 2 Tbsp mint - chopped
- 2 Tbsp coriander - chopped
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon-broken
- 4 cloves
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1/2 cup onions-grated
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic
- 5 tomatoes, puree
- 4 green chillies-slit
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Boil the tomatoes and blend to make puree.
- Heat the ghee and add the cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms.
- Add the onions and ginger garlic paste and saute till onions are a light brown.
- Add the tomato puree and saute till fat separates.
- Add the green chillies and salt, turn around a few times.
- Add the rice, mint and coriander and mix well.
- Add 3 cups water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and cook till all the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve hot garnished with the coriander.
Key Ingredients: Tomato
, Mint Leaves
, Coriander Leaves
, Green Cardamom
, Clarified Butter
, Tomato Puree
, Green Chillies