Also known as salvia hispanica, chia seeds are a treasure of vitamins and minerals. It is a good source of plant-based protein, and heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Chia seeds are also rich in fibre that facilitates smooth digestion. Therefore, it would be a good idea to add chia seeds to your morning diet. So here we bring you a very easy five-minute breakfast recipe with chia seeds that not only tastes good, but also makes for a wholesome meal. The best part is that you can actually prepare the pudding (sans fruits and nuts) and store up to 3-4 days in fridge in air-tight jar. All you need to do is fetch a jar, cut fresh fruits and indulge. Now, go ahead and give a healthy start to your day with this power-packed chia seed pudding bowl.
Here's The Recipe For Chia Seed Pudding:
Just 100 grams of chia seeds can load you up with some of the most essential nutrients including iron, calcium, thiamin, manganese, magnesium, zinc, phosphorous, B vitamins, folate and riboflavin. According to experts, small quantities of chia seeds added in daily diet can help strengthen immunity, boost metabolism and can also ward off some rampant ailments
Serve: One portion
- Take 250 ml of milk in an airtight jar.
- Put 2 tablespoons of chia seeds in the milk and stir well so that no lump is formed. Keep this mix in refrigerator over-night.
- In the morning, cut some fruits and slice some nuts of your choice, and put on top of the pudding. We used almonds here.
- You can also add dried mix berries to garnish.
- Finally drizzle some maple syrup and indulge!
- You can also add 2 tsp of cocoa powder in the milk and chia seeds while stirring. This will give a chocolaty twist to your regular chia seed pudding.
Here Are A Few Options For Chia Seed Pudding Preparation:
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.