"The village mukhiya distributed sweets to mark Independence Day. But soon after consuming it, many children fell ill," a district police official said.(5 Fall Sick After Consuming Instant Noodles)
The children complained of uneasiness after eating the sweets, followed by vomiting and were admitted to the Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital. Twenty of them remain critical, an official said.(Poisonous Candies: School Children Fall Sick In Philippines)
According to reports, the parents and relatives of the affected children launched a protest and demanded action against the village head.