Think something fancy for breakfast and the first food that comes to our mind is a soft and fluffy pancake with oodles of maple syrup, whipped cream and fresh fruits by the side. Sounds appetising, right? We love whipping pancakes every now and then. It is easy to make and can be customised as per choice. If you look around, you will find every pancake-lover having their unique ingredients that make the recipe different from the other. While the classic ones include maida, baking soda, eggs, sugar and milk, some people prefer substituting maida with oats flour or prefer including salami, ham etc to make it a savoury dish. The preference for pancakes is unique to each.
We found the pancake recipe that Hollywood actor Dwayne Johnson, also known as 'The Rock', loves to indulge. It is called 'The Rock's famous coconut banana pancake'. It includes maida, coconut milk, coconut flakes, banana, butter, peanut butter and everything delicious.
Dwayne recently took to his Twitter handle to share a short video clip featuring the steps to prepare his favourite pancake. Alongside the video, he wrote the pancake recipe step-by-step. He further mentions that this 'original recipe' has been created by Celebrity Chef Puttie. Let's take a look at the recipe.
Also Read: Try This Fibre-Rich Quinoa And Strawberry Pancake For A Power-Packed Breakfast
The Rock Famous Coconut Pancake Recipe:
Yield: 6 large coconut banana pancakes
2 cups maida (all-purpose flour)
3 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp cane sugar (you may use normal sugar instead)
1/2 tsp sea salt (You may use common salt instead)
10 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
2 bananas, medium-sized, small dice
1 cup coconut water
1 cup coconut milk
3/4 cup whole milk
1 tsp vanilla extract/essence
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted (+ more to butter griddle)
Extra virgin olive oil spray, for griddle
STEP 1: Mise en place and mix
- Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add sugar, salt and shredded coconut. Mix lightly with a wooden spoon.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk eggs, coconut water, coconut milk, whole milk, vanilla extract, coconut oil and butter.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour in the milk mixture.
- Mix lightly to combine, leaving batter clumpy.
- Add bananas to the batter, briefly stir to distribute evenly.
Always remember DO NOT over-mix, a few lumps are ok.
STEP 2: Get to cooking
- Heat lightly oiled griddle to 275 degrees or frying pan on medium, using a combination of spray and butter.
- Ladle or pour batter onto the griddle, using 1 cup sized ladle or measuring cup for large cakes, 1/4 cup for small.
- Cook until the top of the pancakes have bubbles and a few bursts, 2 - 3 minutes. Flip carefully with a thin spatula.
- Cook until brown and crisp, about 2 - 3 minutes, adding more spray and butter if needed.
STEP 3: Let's eat!
- Transfer to plate or platter and serve. It tastes best with 100 percent maple syrup. And "if you're like DJ, smother the cakes in peanut butter," rsead the post.
Try this super delicious coconut banana pancake today and do let us know how you like it!
Watch Here The Complete Video:
Also Read: Viral Video: Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Blames 'Spaghetti Fairy' For Kitchen Mess
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.