Weight loss is a common struggle, and people make new efforts every day to shed extra kilos. Breakfast is the first meal of the day and sets the tone for the day ahead. If you want to lose weight, start your day on a healthy note. Oats, a popular ingredient, are a great addition to a weight-loss diet. Oats are a good source of protein and fibre, and you can prepare delicious dishes in minutes. Here's the best recipe for Oats Vegetable Thepla, which can be your first choice for breakfast. But before that, let's discuss some of the benefits of oats.
Also Read: Sattu: The Superfood For Weight Loss Diet - 5 Delicious Recipes To Try
Are Oats Good for Weight Loss?
According to macrobiotic nutritionist Shilpa Arora, "Oats are rich in fibre, which helps you feel full longer and prevents binge eating. Having oats for breakfast is one of the best ways to ensure you lose weight. The fibre in oats takes time to digest, and you feel fuller, which prevents you from overeating."
According to the book, 'Healing Foods', by DK Publishing, "Oats are loaded with multiple nutrients such as protein, water-soluble fibre, and beta-glucan, which help reduce unhealthy cholesterol (LDL). They are also known to be a natural sedative and excellent for easing indigestion."
Also Read: Make Oil-Free Chole Masala For Weight Loss Diet: 3 Easy Tips
How to Make Oats Vegetable Thepla:
Oats Vegetable Thepla is an amazing version of the classic Gujarati Thepla recipe, which tastes delicious. Apart from oats, gram flour and wheat flour are also added to them, which gives good binding to the dough. Adding carrots, cabbage, capsicum, and onions increases its nutritional value. Adding spices gives it a great taste. Here's the step-by-step recipe for Oats Vegetable Thepla:
- Take one cup of plain oats and grind them into a fine powder. In a large bowl, take half a cup of whole wheat flour and half a cup of besan. Add grated carrots, finely chopped onions, cabbage, capsicum, coriander, green chilli, and ginger-garlic paste.
- Add curd and oil, and mix well.
- Add half a teaspoon of red chilli powder, haldi, and salt to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients well and make a soft dough.
- Rest the dough for some time, then make small balls from the dough.
- Roll the balls into thin, round parathas.
- Heat a griddle and cook the thepla from both sides until brown.
- Include this delicious Oats Vegetable Thepla in your weight loss diet and enjoy a healthy breakfast.