Dal ki pakode is something we all have fond memories attached with. Those bite-sized crispy fritters, with spicy dhaniya chutney, have always proved to be show-stealer. But have you ever thought about dal tadka patties? This tasty and crispy patty can be made with bare minimum kitchen ingredients and can make tasty evening snack. The best part is, it can be made with the extra dal tadka you have from the previous meal. Like this, you can not only use up the left-over, but also can do away with the boredom of having same dish time and again.
Whenever we talk about dal tadka, the first thing comes up in mind is comfort. Now, imagine, adding some twist to that comfort dish This will surely impress you to bits.
Here's The Recipe For Dal Tadka Patty:
- Heat a pan, pour 1 tablespoon oil.
- Pour 2 bowls of dal tadka in the pan and stir continuously on medium flame till it gets dry (really dry!). Stirring is very important or else it will stick to the bottom of the pan and get burnt.
- Take it in a mixing bowl and add 4-5 tablespoons of chopped onion, 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of finely chopped coriander leaves, salt (if needed)and red chilli (if needed); mix them well.
- Add 4 tablespoons of besan and a little less than half cup of bread crumbs or rice flour to it and mix all the ingredients to make soft dough.
- Now make patty-shaped balls out of the dough and leave for 15 minutes. Cover the bowl with a wet cloth.
- Take a kadhai, pour enough amount of oil and deep fry the patties.
- You can also shallow fry it in a frying pan. Fry one side, when it gets brown-ish in colour, flip it and fry the other side.
- Crispy dal tadka patties are ready to be served.
Enjoy the patties hot with spicy chutneys or dips of your choice. Bon appetite!