Poha (or flattened rice) is one of the most popular breakfast items across India. Whether it's the Maharashtrian 'Dadpe Pohe' or Bengal's 'Doi Chire', there are countless regional variations to the humble dish. Poha is delicious as it is versatile, making the perfect ingredient to be moulded into a crispy Poha Tikki or even a sugary Poha-Gur Laddoo! If you love Poha as much as we do, here's another unique and delicious version of the healthy breakfast recipe that you must try. Oatmeal Poha or Oats Poha is a wonderful and tasty breakfast which packs a punch.
Why Is Oatmeal Poha Healthy? | Health Benefits Of Oatmeal Poha
Poha (or flattened rice) is a meal loaded with health benefits. Iron-rich Poha is also considered a good probiotic and a low-calorie, easily digestible snack. But did you know this Oatmeal Poha recipe may be equally, if not more, beneficial for health? The Oatmeal Poha recipe is made with one cup of oatmeal, which can contain upto 166% of your daily iron requirement, as per the USDA. It is also enriched with dietary fibres, thus keeping you full for longer. The use of oatmeal combined with Kabuli chana in this recipe also makes it a protein-rich dish which will keep you satiated and help the weight loss journey too.
(Also Read: 5 Different Ways You Can Make Your Favourite Poha For A Healthy Meal)
How To Make Oatmeal Poha | Healthy Oatmeal Poha Recipe
- Start by heating oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Add mustard seeds and let it sputter, then add other ingredients for the Tadka such as curry leaves, whole red chillies, onions and green chillies.
- Saute till the mixture begins to cook and turns golden-brown.
- Now, add the oats along with steamed vegetables, Kabuli Chana, roasted peanuts and chopped tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the spices to taste and let the mixture blend well for a few minutes.
- Lower the heat and allow the mixture to cook.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate and a dash of lemon juice, and serve fresh.
So, if you are looking for a quick and healthy recipe which is loaded with good nutrition - this Oatmeal Poha is just what you need!
Click here for the step-by-step recipe of Oatmeal Poha.