The 'Do-Pyaaza' dishes are a must-try when it comes to ordering from our favourite restaurants. Whether it is a succulent Chicken Do-Pyaaza or a sumptuous Mutton Do-Pyaaza, there are a number of delicious versions of the Mughlai delight. But how about some 'Do-Pyaaza' style preparation for vegetarians? We bring to you our very own interesting and unique recipe for Soya Do-Pyaaza which is a heavenly and flavourful delight to savour.
The Soya Do-Pyaaza, true to its name, uses two whole onions in the recipe. Apart from this, baby onions or green onions can also be used as an interesting addition to the recipe. Soya granules or soya nuggets both can be used for this delicious and healthy recipe, but the texture imparted can be vastly different. The Soya Do-Pyaaza recipe also uses a small quantity of tomato puree to bring out the tangy flavours of the preparation.
So, what are you waiting for? Get hold of these simple ingredients and cook up a sumptuous dish which will leave you asking for more.
Here Is The Step-By-Step Recipe Of Soya Do-Pyaaza:
- 1 cup Soya Granules/Nuggets, soaked
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan. Sautee fennel seeds in it till it starts to sputter.
- Now, add chopped onions to the pan and let them cook for 1-2 minutes or till they become translucent.
- Mix in the tomato puree and ginger garlic paste. Let the mixture cook for a few minutes.
- Now, add the spices, and soya nuggets or granules. Cover the pan with a lid and lower the heat to let everything blend together.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot and fresh!
About Aditi AhujaAditi loves talking to and meeting like-minded foodies (especially the kind who like veg momos). Plus points if you get her bad jokes and sitcom references, or if you recommend a new place to eat at.