There is no denying that Japanese food is enjoying tremendous popularity around the world. From ever popular ramen to sushi, from baozi to tempura, this cuisine has a myriad of delicacies to offer, leaving us spoilt for choices. The fanbase of Japanese cuisine is evident in the fact that many authentic restaurants have opened in India as well. Besides these restaurants, you must have noticed many food bloggers and home chefs are also trying their hands on these culinary delights. If you want to try it at home too, here we bring you a Japanese recipe that needs just 30 minutes to get ready and makes for a super delicious dinner/lunch. It is called Japanese Chicken Curry.
Also Read: Japanese Food: Top 10 Dishes from Sashimi to Yakitori Chicken
You must have tried a wide range of different chicken curries, unique to every region. This one right here, is a game changer. In this recipe, boneless chicken pieces and crunchy veggies are tossed in a flavourful Japanese gravy. This recipe is best paired with some steamed rice alongside. So, what are you waiting for? Let's get started with the recipe. Take a look below.
Also Read: World Cuisine: 5 Best Dishes Of Japanese Cuisine That Foodies Will Love
Japanese Chicken Curry Recipe: How To Make Japanese Chicken Curry
- To begin with the recipe, season the chicken pieces with some salt. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add all the pieces, add a bit of salt again, and cook until 70% done. Once done, take them out on a plate.
- In the same pan, add 2 tbsp of butter, add all-purpose flour, and stir fry until 2-3 minutes. Now, add any curry powder. If you have Japanese curry powder, that would be great.
- Turn the heat off, add in the water, and make sure there are no lumps inside the curry.
- Turn on the heat, add in 1/4 cup of apple juice, 2 tbsp ketchup, 2 tbsp soya sauce, 1 cinnamon stick, and star anise. Ps: Ketchup and apple juice give this recipe a much-needed tangy flavour. Cover the lid and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the chicken pieces along with some veggies. Mix well and cover for about 10 minutes.
If you want to try some Indian chicken curry recipes, click here.
Try out this recipe and let us know how it turned out in the comments below. For more such interesting recipes, stay tuned!