The nation is drenched in the festive spirit, and why not? After the roller-coaster of a year, we finally made it to the new one, and our very first set of festivals is right around the corner. Punjab is celebrating Lohri on the 13th of January and a day after we'll find an excuse to indulge again on the occasion of Makar Sankranti and Pongal. Makar Sankranti is one of our biggest festivals of all times. Sesame and jaggery play a very significant role in the celebrations, as they are seasonal and also incredible for our bodies. This Til Atta ladoo is possibly one of the quickest and easiest recipes you can try your hands at and enjoy the festival to the fullest.
For this fabulous recipe of Til Atta Ladoo by food vlogger Reshu, you would need to:
1. Dry roast white sesame on low-medium flame. Roast for two-three minutes. Transfer on to a plate.
2. In a kadhai, melt ghee. Add wheat flour and roast until slightly golden and fragrant. Switch off the gas and transfer the atta on another plate.
3. Grind half the sesame you just roasted, and keep it aside.
4. In a pan melt jaggery and water. Once it softens, stir continuously and switch off the gas once done.
5. To this pan add wheat flour. Mix well.
6. Add both whole sesames and ground sesame to the mix. Combine everything well.
7. Now take out the mix onto a plate. Let it cool down a bit.
8. Grease your palms with some ghee (optional), and start moulding your ladoos.
Watch the full recipe of Til Atta Ladoo here:
The recipe video was posted on the YouTube channel 'Cooking With Reshu'.
Try this recipe for Makar Sankranti, and let us know how you liked it in the comments below.
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a strong penchant for food, Sushmita loves all things good, cheesy and greasy. Her other favourite pastime activities other than discussing food includes, reading, watching movies and binge-watching TV shows.