Do you often think of going on a diet but fail to follow it whenever you see a pizza? If yes, then we feel you completely and welcome you to our exclusive club of pizza aficionado. How can somebody resist or not fall in love with this delightful cheesy savoury? When nothing can be more satiating than a heavenly slice of cheesy Italian savoury, generously topped with fresh vegetables or meat. Pizza, being one of the greatest foods of the world, is perfect for every occasion and one can have it any time, especially when there's nothing to eat, just order some pizza along with some drinks and you are ready to party! "Pizza makes anything possible," said Hery Rollins, who apart from being a great singer and musician, is a great pizza fanatic as well. Pizza Connoisseur from all around the world have constantly been proving it right that pizza can make everything and anything possible. There's one such pizza that is trending from quite some time is Black Pizza, or activated charcoal pizza.
Activated charcoal pizza is now a thing, yes, it's true! Also known as gothic pizza, black pizza will definitely impress with everything about it - from its texture and colour to its distinct taste. It has both charcoal activated crust and cheese giving it a distinct smoky flavour. It is a great combat of both taste and function. Activated charcoal detoxes the body, helps with digestion, clears out the toxins, and lowers the cholesterol, as per health experts. Activated charcoal food trends have taken it to a storm last year, especially the black and grey swirls of gothic ice creams, which were the main highlights of every food festival in-and-around Delhi, and now it's time for black pizzas to rock the show.
Also Read: This Toothsome And Healthy Instant Rava Pizza Is Ideal For Those On A Diet
A post shared by Pauline (@carpau0) on
A charcoal activated pizza may look somewhat like a burnt pizza but interestingly it isn't burnt, it's just a dark shade of pizza infused with delicious taste. This particular goth Italian savoury isn't just delicious but is photo-worthy as well.
Try out the following recipe to give your regular pizza an interesting and fancy gothic makeover:
- Warm water
- Whole wheat flour
- Refined flour
- A few grams of activated charcoal powder or capsules
- Canola oil
Also Read: Know These Exotic Varieties Of Pizza And Order Like A Pro
- Take a bowl, mix 2 teaspoon of spoon along with a dash of sugar in lukewarm water. Cover it with a muslin cloth and keep it aside for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Now, take both whole wheat flour (1 cup) and refined flour (1/2 cup) in a bowl, add 2 grams of activated charcoal powder or 4 activated charcoal activated capsules and a pinch of salt and stir by putting in some prepared yeast mixture.
- Sieve the dough until it is smooth and elastic.
- Now, cover the bowl of dough with a damp muslin cloth and keep it in a warm place, let the dough ferment for an hour.
- Take a parchment sheet or aluminium foil to line a baking sheet, place a ball of dough on the sheet.
- Roll out the dough ball to form a pizza crust.
- Grease the crust with some canola or olive oil.
- Now, it's time for the toppings. Top your pizza with the choice of your toppings, be it the fresh veggies, leafy greens, succulent meat or a combination of all and don't forget to grate some cheese over it because "the cheesier, the merrier."
- Bake it for 15 mins, until the crust turns crispy and the cheese starts melting.
- And your smoky hot gothic pizza is ready.
A pizza slice day keeps sadness away says a pizza lover from the bottom of his/her foodie heart. Can't wait to try the smoky gothic pizzas. Right? You can try out these restaurants to savour the best of gothic food: Jack Daniels infused Charcoal Pizza at Gastronomica Kitchen and Bar at GK and Russmunch in Pitampura.
(The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.)