If you think closely, there's hardly anything to not like about mushrooms. They are packed with antioxidants, and vitamin D. Mushrooms also support weight management and even speed up metabolism. They can be bought from the market and stored for a long time even for later use. Let's agree that, above all, mushrooms taste yummy when cooked properly with spices and other homely ingredients. On Instagram, Chef Saransh Goila has shared a recipe video of lip-smacking "Mushroom pepper fry". It's a fiery combination of masalas combined with the goodness of mushrooms. Try cooking this at home and you'll enjoy it.
(Also Read: Tandoori Mushroom, Mushroom Samosa And More: 5 Mushroom Snack Recipes You Must Try)
For the caption, he mentioned, "Pepper fry masala can be used for mushroom or chicken or jackfruit! Whatever you like!"
Mushroom pepper fry
1) Button mushrooms (sliced) 1 packet
2) Jeera - 2 tablespoons
3) Black peppercorns - 3 tablespoons
4) Coriander seeds - 1 tablespoon
5) Ghee - 1 tablespoon
6) Garlic (chopped) - 1/2 tablespoon
7) Ginger (chopped) - 1 inch
8) Onions (sliced) - 2
9) Green chilli (sliced) – 1
10) Curry leaves
Salt to taste
Saute till golden
As shown by Saransh Goila, here's how you can prepare mushroom pepper fry:
1)First of all, slice button mushrooms and keep them aside.
(Also Read: Did You Know Bright Light May Make Food Appear Tastier? Here's What Study Says)
2) For the special pepper fry masala, take jeera, black peppercorns and coriander seeds together. Dry roast it all together and pound the mixture into a coarse powder. You can do it with the help of a mortar pestle available at home. Keep it on the side.
3) Take a separate pan, and heat some ghee in it. Put a handful of curry leaves, chopped garlic and ginger. Add sliced onions and green chillies into it. Add salt as per your taste and saute it until it turns brown.
4) Add mushrooms into the preparation and cook them on high heat. Adjust the seasoning. Put the special pepper fry masala and cook it for a minute with a splash of water. Mushroom pepper fry is ready.
Take a look:
Saransh Goila often shares recipe videos of easy-to-cook dishes that taste amazing and come to the rescue whenever you feel hungry. He once shared the recipe of honey chilli kamal kakdi that's made of lotus stem. To make this, take peeled and sliced lotus stem. Wash the sliced pieces in water, and coat them with cornflour before frying them. Prepare a sauce with sesame oil, chopped ginger, chopped garlic, red chillies, rice wine vinegar, Gochujang, soy sauce, and black pepper. Take about 30 ml whisky and perform a flambe. Add the kamal kakdi slices to the sauce and toss them well. Add some honey into the preparation and mix well. Top it with sesame seeds.
Don't forget to try out these recipes whenever you feel hungry next.